- Title: Bodrum's night sky turns orange as Turkey's wildfires rage on
- Date: 2nd August 2021
- Summary: BODRUM, TURKEY (AUGUST 2, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SHOTS FROM BOAT OF WILDFIRE SEEN IN DISTANCE VARIOUS OF ORANGE FLAMES RISING IN SKY AS FORESTS ARE BURNING (NIGHT SHOTS) BOAT SAILING AT SEA / WILDFIRE SEEN IN THE BACKGROUND (NIGHT SHOTS) VARIOUS OF BLAZE SENDING ORANGE SMOKE IN THE SKY
- Embargoed: 16th August 2021 20:00
- Keywords: Turkey night wildfires
- Location: BODRUM, TURKEY
- City: BODRUM, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Europe,Fires,Middle East,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001EOL9KCN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:A hotspot for nightlife and summer parties, the coastline of Bodrum was painted in orange on Monday (August 2) as the blazed raged in the area.
Orange flames and plumes of smoke that swept through the forest was visible on the coastline as night fell to Cokertme district in Bodrum, one of Turkey's most favorite holiday resorts.
Firefighters using planes and helicopters, and locals with buckets of water, battled wildfires raging for a sixth day near southern coastal resorts in drought-hit Turkey on Monday.
Seven fires were still burning, fanned by temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius (104Â°F), strong winds and low humidity, Forestry Minister Bekir Pakdemirli said.
Meteorology maps show areas affected by fires have suffered severe drought in recent months.
(Production: Umit Bektas, Bulent Usta, Yesim Dikmen)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None