- Title: Australia's New South Wales reports 199 locally acquired COVID-19 cases
- Date: 3rd August 2021
- Summary: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (AUGUST 2, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PEOPLE BEING TESTED FOR COVID-19 IN DRIVE THROUGH TESTING CENTRES SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (AUGUST 3, 2021) (REUTERS) COOGEE BEACH THROUGH PALM LEAVES PERSON JOGGING ON BEACH SIGN CAUTIONING AREA FOR EXERCISE USAGE ONLY PEOPLE WALKING PAST REFLECTION IN WINDOW AND ON BEACH
- Embargoed: 17th August 2021 04:18
- Keywords: Australia COVID-19 New South Wales Sydney coronavirus health outbreak pandemic
- Location: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- City: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- Country: Australia
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Australia,Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001EOQ4V2F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Residents of Sydney's eastern suburbs were still able to enjoy outdoor exercise despite New South Wales, Australia's most populous state, reporting 199 locally acquired cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday (August 3).
Numbers were down from 207 a day earlier, as officials scramble to bring under control an outbreak of the Delta variant in state capital Sydney.
Of the new cases, at least 50 spent time in the community while infectious, state Premier Gladys Berejiklian told reporters in Sydney. Total cases in the year's worst outbreak have topped 3,800 since the first was detected in mid-June.
(Production: Jill Gralow)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None