- Title: Hull City set to unveil Marco Silva as new boss - reports
- Date: 4th January 2017
- Summary: ATHENS, GREECE (SEPTEMBER 15, 2015) (REUTERS) OLYMPIAKOS TEAM TRAINING THEN OLYMPIAKOS HEAD COACH, MARCO SILVA, SPEAKING TO COACHING STAFF SILVA AND OLYMPIAKOS GOALKEEPER, ROBERTO JIMENEZ GAGO, SEATED AT NEWS CONFERENCE CLOSE OF SILVA SPEAKING LISBON, PORTUGAL (FEBRUARY 25, 2015) (REUTERS) THEN SPORTING COACH SILVA ENTERING PITCH WIDE OF SPORTING LISBON TRAINING SESSION SILVA TALKING TO ASSISTANT LISBON, PORTUGAL (NOVEMBER 25, 2014) (REUTERS) SILVA ARRIVING FOR NEWS CONFERENCE SILVA SPEAKING WIDE OF NEWS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 19th January 2017 16:13
- Keywords: Hull City Marco Silva manager Mike Phelan
- Location: ATHENS AND PIRAEUS, GREECE; LISBON, PORTUGAL; LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: ATHENS AND PIRAEUS, GREECE; LISBON, PORTUGAL; LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: Various
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0015XO1WSF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Premier League relegation strugglers Hull City look to be on the verge of appointing Portuguese coach Marco Silva as their new manager, according to media reports on Wednesday (January 4).
The club sacked Mike Phelan as manager on Tuesday (January 3), less than three months after appointing him on a permanent basis.
The club issued a statement confirming Phelan's departure after he oversaw a run of nine games without a win that plunged them to the bottom of the Premier League.
Silva resigned as coach of Greek champions Olympiakos Piraeus in June 2016.
The 38-year-old Portuguese, who led Olympiakos to a record 43rd league title last season, cited personal reasons for his sudden and unexpected departure.
That followed a single season at the helm of Sporting Lisbon where he won the Portuguese Cup in 2015.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None