- Title: BioNTech says has supplied more than 1 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses so far
- Date: 9th August 2021
- Summary: MARBURG, GERMANY (FILE - MARCH 27, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EMPLOYEE AT BIOREACTOR WHICH PROCESSES IN-VITRO-TRANSCRIPTION, TRANSLATING A DNA TEMPLATE INTO CONCENTRATED mRNA VARIOUS OF EMPLOYEE POURING SUBSTANCES TOGETHER FOR BIOREACTOR BIONTECH LOGO ON GLASS DOOR VARIOUS OF EMPLOYEES WORKING ON BIOREACTOR MARBURG, GERMANY (FILE - JANUARY 15, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF BIONTECH BUILDING ON SITE OF INDUSTRIAL PARK
- Embargoed: 23rd August 2021 13:43
- Keywords: Biontech results COVID-19 coronavirus vaccine production
- Location: MARBURG, GERMANY
- City: MARBURG, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Company News Markets,Europe,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001EPK5DOT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: BioNTech and partner Pfizer have supplied more than one billion doses of their COVID-19 vaccine as per July 21, a bigger number than delivered by competitor AstraZeneca, the German biotech group said on Monday (August 9).
AstraZeneca said on July 29 that it and its manufacturing partner, India-based Serum Institute, had supplied a billion doses to 170 countries at the time.
Based on delivery contracts so far, BioNTech said in a statement it expects 15.9 billion euros ($18.7 billion) in revenue accruing to it from the vaccine this year, up from a forecast in May of 12.4 billion euros.
That includes sales, milestone payments from partners and a share of gross profit in its partners' territories, the company added.
(Production: Timm Reichert, Michele Sani)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None