- Title: Russians welcome Olympic athletes on Red Square
- Date: 9th August 2021
- Summary: VARIOUS OF OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, MARIA LASITSKENE, RAISING RUSSIAN FLAG AS NATIONAL ANTHEM PLAYS RUSSIAN FLAG WAVING
- Embargoed: 23rd August 2021 18:59
- Keywords: Kremlin Olympics Red Square Russia athletes returning team view
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Europe
- Reuters ID: LVA002EPK741R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Muscovites on Monday (August 9) welcomed back members of the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) team returning from Tokyo.
The athletes were taken to the Red Square straight from the airport, driving through Moscow for the celebration ceremony.
Russian athletes are barred from competing at major international events - including the Olympics - under their flag and with their anthem until 2022 following a ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) last year.
Team of ROC overall managed to win 71 medals, including 21 gold.
(Production: Dmitry Madorsky, Dmitry Turlyun)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.