- Title: Two dead, dozens trapped after landslide in India's Himalayas - officials
- Date: 11th August 2021
- Summary: KINNAUR, HIMACHAL PRADESH, INDIA (AUGUST 11, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) PEOPLE GATHERED NEAR LANDSLIDE SITE RESCUE OFFICIALS STANDING ON ROAD WITH BOULDERS AND DEBRIS ON IT RESCUERS REMOVING DEBRIS TO SEARCH FOR SURVIVORS
- Embargoed: 25th August 2021 14:06
- Keywords: Himalayas ITBP India Kinnaur Shimla accident disaster landslide rescue vehicles trapped
- Location: KINNAUR, SHIMLA, HIMACHAL PRADESH/NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: KINNAUR, SHIMLA, HIMACHAL PRADESH/NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA001EPU3IVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: QUALITY AS INCOMING
Two people have died and at least 12 were injured after a landslide in the mountainous Indian state of Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday (August 11) saw boulders tumbling onto a highway, hitting several vehicles, Indian officials said.
There were reports of six vehicles - including a 32-seater bus - stuck under rocks and mud, according to a spokesman for the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), an Indian paramilitary unit responsible for border security in the region.
The landslide happened at 1245 (0715 GMT) local time, the ITBP wrote on Twitter.
(Production: Dina Selim, Parul Gupta)
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None