- Title: U.S. military base in Washington locks down due to potential armed individual
- Date: 13th August 2021
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (AUGUST 13, 2021) (REUTERS) WIDE EXTERIOR OF VEHICLES OUTSIDE JOINT BASE ANACOSTIA-BOLLING AS VOICE OVER LOUDSPEAKER ANNOUNCES LOCKDOWN POLICE VEHICLES DRIVING PAST WITH SIREN WIDE EXTERIOR OF GATE ENTRANCE POLICE VEHICLE PARKED OUTSIDE GATE ENTRANCE EXTERIOR OF SECURITY CHECKPOINT "DO NOT ENTER" SIGN OUTSIDE GATE WIDE EXTERIOR OF ENTRANCE TIGHT SHOT OF POLICE VEHICLE WITH LIGHTS FLASHING MILITARY PERSONNEL STOPPING VEHICLES DRIVING THROUGH VEHICLES DRIVING THROUGH CHECKPOINT MORE OF MILITARY PERSONNEL STOPPING VEHICLES DRIVING THROUGH
- Embargoed: 27th August 2021 21:03
- Keywords: Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling U.S. military base lockdown suspicious armed person
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA001EQ46S7B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A military base in Washington, D.C. said it had lifted a lockdown imposed earlier on Friday (August 13) because of a potentially armed person.
Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, in southeast Washington, on its Facebook page had urged anyone who saw the person to run or hide.
"Barricade your door, turn off the lights and your cell phone ringer, and remain silent. If you are hiding, prepare to FIGHT," it said.
The base, which hosts the Defense Intelligence Agency headquarters, ended the lockdown by the middle of the afternoon, with the individual detained and set to be transferred to local police, according to the Facebook page.
(Production: Kevin Fogarty, Vanessa Johnston)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None