- Title: Tropical storm Grace gathering steam as it approaches the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Date: 14th August 2021
- Summary: ST. THOMAS, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS (AUGUST 14, 2021) (REUTERS) VIEW OF ST. JOHN AND ADJACENT ISLANDS WITH STORM CLOUDS OVERHEAD AERIAL VIEW OF WAVES CRASHING ON ROCKS
- Embargoed: 28th August 2021 17:52
- Keywords: Atlantic Ocean Caribbean NOAA St. John St. Thomas Tropical storm Grace tropical depression Fred
- Location: ST. THOMAS, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS / INTERNET
- City: ST. THOMAS, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS / INTERNET
- Country: Various
- Topics: Environment,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA001EQ94RBB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Tropical Storm Grace has formed over the Atlantic Ocean and is expected to reach portions of the lesser Antilles by Saturday evening (August 14), the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said in its latest advisory.
Grace is located about 420 miles (675 km) east of of the Leeward islands packing maximum sustained winds of 40 mph (65 km per hour), the Miami-based weather forecaster said.
Meanwhile, Tropical depression Fred has degenerated to a tropical wave, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said Saturday (August 14), adding that it is forecast to re-develop on Sunday over the Gulf of Mexico.
Fred is about 50 miles (80 km) west of Havana, Cuba, and is packing maximum sustained winds of 35 miles (56 km) per hour, NHC added.
(Production: Vanessa Johnston)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None