- Title: Drone footage shows massive devastation in flood hit Turkish town
- Date: 14th August 2021
- Summary: BOZKURT, KASTAMONU, TURKEY (AUGUST 14, 2021) (REUTERS) (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF FLOODED TOWN VARIOUS DRONE FOOTAGE OF BUILDINGS TORN DOWN BY FLOOD WATERS VARIOUS DRONE FOOTAGE OF DAMAGED CARS WASHED AWAY BY FLOOD WATERS VARIOUS DRONE FOOTAGE OF FLOOD WATERS GUSHING DRONE FOOTAGE OF EMERGENCY WORKERS WORKING AT SITE OF A COLLAPSED BUILDING VARIOUS DRONE FOOTAGE OF HOUSES PARTIALLY BURIED IN MUD DRONE VIEW OF FLOODED TOWN
- Embargoed: 28th August 2021 08:40
- Keywords: Turkey floods
- Location: BOZKURT, KASTAMONU, TURKEY
- City: BOZKURT, KASTAMONU, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Europe,Floods,Middle East,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001EQ96XJB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Drone footage showed massive damage in the flood-hit Black Sea town of Bozkurt on Saturday (August 14), as the death toll rose to 40 in the second natural disaster to strike Turkey this month.
About 45 cm (18 inches) of rain fell in less than three days in one village near the worst-hit region, Kastamonu's Bozkurt district, the Disaster and Emergency Management Directorate cited meteorology authorities as saying.
Drone footage showed severely damaged buildings, collapsed structures and rescue efforts in parts of the town.
The floods, among the worst Turkey has experienced, brought chaos to northern provinces just as authorities were declaring that wildfires - which raged through southern coastal regions for two weeks - had been brought under control.
Torrents of water tossed dozens of cars and heaps of debris along streets, destroyed bridges, closed roads and cut off electricity to hundreds of villages.
The small town of Bozkurt lies in a valley along the banks of the Ezine river in Kastamonu province, 2.5 km (1.6 miles) from the Black Sea.
(Production: Mehmet Emin Caliskan, Yesim Dikmen)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None