- Title: Kane left out of Tottenham squad to face Man City
- Date: 15th August 2021
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - OCTOBER 21, 2019 (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF KANE DURING TOTTENHAM TRAINING KANE STRETCHING MADRID, SPAIN (FILE - MAY 31, 2019) (REUTERS) KANE WALKING ONTO THE PITCH FOR TRAINING AHEAD OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR PLAYERS TRAINING KANE TRAINING VARIOUS OF KANE TYING HIS BOOTLACE VARIOUS OF KANE TRAINING
- Embargoed: 29th August 2021 16:40
- Keywords: Harry Kane Man City Manchester City Spurs Tottenham Tottenham Hotspur
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002EQE4U9R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Striker Harry Kane was left out of Tottenham Hotspur's squad for Sunday's (August 15) Premier League encounter with champions Manchester City as speculation about his future at the north London club intensified.
Kane has been linked with the champions all summer with manager Pep Guardiola telling reporters last week that City were interested in him, but it was up to Tottenham to make the move happen.
The England captain had been training individually while quarantining at the club's training base since returning from a holiday in the Bahamas following England's defeat by Italy in the European Championship final last month.
New manager Nuno Espirito Santo had remained coy on the future of Kane - who returned to training only on Friday - but denied there had been confusion surrounding his situation.
Spurs are trying to improve on their seventh-placed finish in the Premier League last season.
(Production: Stefan Haskins / Thomas Newey)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None