- Title: British evacuation plane transits in Dubai en route to UK from Kabul
- Date: 19th August 2021
- Summary: DUBAI, UAE (AUGUST 19, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BRITISH ROYAL AIR FORCE PLANE MOVING ON TARMAC AT DUBAI'S AL MAKTOUM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT PLANE STANDING STILL ON TARMAC SIGN READING (English): "ROYAL AIR FORCE" VARIOUS OF PASSENGERS FROM KABUL WALKING OUT OF THE PLANE AND INTO THE BUS AIRPLANE PROPELLER VARIOUS OF PASSENGERS WALKING OUT OF PLANE AND INTO BUS WITH BAGS VARIOUS OF PASSENGERS IN TRANSIT INSIDE THE AIRPORT EXTERIOR OF AL MAKTOUM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Embargoed: 2nd September 2021 15:08
- Keywords: Afghanistan Afghans Conflict Dubai Evacuation Plane Transit UAE UK
- Location: DUBAI, UAE
- City: DUBAI, UAE
- Country: UAE
- Topics: Middle East,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EQY564N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:A British plane carrying evacuated passengers from Kabul transited in Dubai on Thursday (August 19), before departing to its final destination, the United Kingdom.
The Royal Air Force plane made a brief stop at Dubai's Al Maktoum International Airport, where passengers were escorted via buses to the airport building.
In a government statement, the UAE said that its focus in recent days has been to "facilitate the efforts of a range of nations and non-governmental organisations to safely evacuate their officials and support staff."
The United Arab Emirates' foreign ministry on Sunday (August 15) said it was working on facilitating the evacuation of foreign diplomatic staff from Afghanistan through its airports.
That included diplomatic staff from the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Canada, Egypt, Australia, and the European Union, the statement said.
The evacuation planes in transit also included some Afghan nationals.
The UAE is a major international air transit hub.
(Production: Abdelhadi Ramahi, Imad Creidi, Nadeen Ebrahim)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None