- Title: Bollywood opens up for first time post-COVID with star-studded spy thriller
- Date: 19th August 2021
- Summary: NEW DELHI, INDIA (AUGUST 19, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) EXTERIOR OF CINEMA HALL POSTERS OF MOVIE, "BELL BOTTOM" FEATURING BOLLYWOOD ACTOR AKSHAY KUMAR DISTANCING MARKINGS ON FLOOR PEOPLE STANDING IN QUEUE TO GET TICKETS VARIOUS OF PEOPLE BUYING TICKETS AT COUNTER PEOPLE AT CINEMA HALL (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) BOLLYWOOD FAN, GAUTAM SINGH, SAYING: "Before this movie, I had come to watch "Master" (Tamil movie). It sure was a long gap. Earlier, I used to feel anxious because of coronavirus. I am glad that cinema halls have reopened and we are getting to watch movies on the big screen. Because big screens have their own charm." EXTERIOR OF CINEMA HALL VARIOUS OF POSTER OF "BELL BOTTOM" MOVIE PEOPLE LOOKING AT POSTER PEOPLE BUYING TICKETS MOVIE POSTER (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) BOLLYWOOD FAN, MUKESH, SAYING: "The movie was good but there weren't much people in the theatre, so we could not cheer and hoot with full enthusiasm but all else was a good experience. I did not have any fear of coronavirus because the protocols were followed inside the cinema hall very diligently. It was all very systematic." EXTERIOR OF MOVIE THEATRE
- Embargoed: 2nd September 2021 16:28
- Keywords: Bell Bottom Bollywood COVID-19 India cinema hall coronavirus movie theatres
- Location: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA001EQY2HQN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Bollywood witnessed its first big theatrical release after over a year because of coronavirus pandemic on Thursday (August 19) with a retro spy thriller, "Bell Bottom".
Cinema fans rushed to theatres to watch the first Bollywood release in months to open to a cold response due to pandemic fears.
The star-studded movie, set in the 1980s, is the story of a spy codenamed Bell Bottom, who is set on a mission to free hostages during a plane hijack.
Fans said it was a good experience to watch their favourite star, Akshay Kumar, who is playing the titular spy, on the big screen, but due to COVID-19 guidelines and lesser theatre capacity, could not enjoy the cheering during their favourite scenes.
India is slowly reopening its economy as the daily coronavirus cases started to fall.
India reported on Thursday 36,401 new COVID-19 cases over the last 24 hours, the government said in a statement.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None