- Title: Extreme weather timeline from Jan-March 2021
- Date: 19th July 2021
- Summary: HOLLISDALE, AUSTRALIA (RECENT - MARCH 28, 2021) (REUTERS) (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF ROBERT COSTIGAN'S FATHER-IN-LAW BRIAN WATT'S PROPERTY SWEPT OFF FOUNDATIONS BY FLOODWATER AND INTO TELEGRAPH POLE (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF COSTIGAN AND WATT PROPERTIES SWEPT OFF FOUNDATIONS BY FLOODWATER (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF WATT PROPERTY WITH TELEGRAPH POLE AND COSTIGAN'S PROPERTY WITH RUBBLE IN FRONT / ANDREW COSTIGAN WALKING AND BENDING TO PICK UP DEBRIS (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF FLOODED CAUSEWAY / COSTIGAN'S FLOOD DAMAGED HOME SWEPT OFF FOUNDATIONS BY FLOODWATER DEBRIS FROM BACK SHED SWEPT INTO TREE
- Embargoed: 2nd August 2021 10:52
- Keywords: Australia Indonesia United States climate change climate crisis cold weather evacuations extreme weather flooding global water challenges snow water wildfires world water week 2021
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: Various
- Topics: Environment,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA00SEMJ6MVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: World leaders, experts and policy makers will come together next week to discuss global water challenges as part of World Water Week 2021.
The digital event, held 23-27 August, will address a major global challenge - the climate crisis - tackling crucial water-related issues, such as water scarcity, food security, health, biodiversity.
Poverty and the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic are also high on the agenda.
Participants from 170 countries will attend more than 400 sessions focused on innovation and science towards building a resilient future.
The event is organised by Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI), a policy institute based in Sweden focusing on a range of research and development topics related to water that support decision-makers around the world.
(Production: Liliana Ciobanu)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None