- Title: Extreme weather timeline from Jan-March 2021
- Date: 19th July 2021
- Summary: SACKVILLE NORTH, NORTH WEST SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (RECENT - MARCH 23, 2021) (REUTERS) (MUTE) VARIOUS DRONE FOOTAGE SHOWING HOUSES PARTIALLY SUBMERGED IN FLOODWATER FROM HAWKESBURY RIVER BOAT MOVING ON FLOODED HAWKESBURY RIVER / HOUSES AND TREES PARTIALLY SUBMERGED IN FLOODWATER
- Embargoed: 2nd August 2021 10:52
- Keywords: Australia Indonesia United States climate change climate crisis cold weather evacuations extreme weather flooding global water challenges snow water wildfires world water week 2021
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: Various
- Topics: Environment,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA00MEMJ6MVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: World leaders, experts and policy makers will come together next week to discuss global water challenges as part of World Water Week 2021.
The digital event, held 23-27 August, will address a major global challenge - the climate crisis - tackling crucial water-related issues, such as water scarcity, food security, health, biodiversity.
Poverty and the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic are also high on the agenda.
Participants from 170 countries will attend more than 400 sessions focused on innovation and science towards building a resilient future.
The event is organised by Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI), a policy institute based in Sweden focusing on a range of research and development topics related to water that support decision-makers around the world.
(Production: Liliana Ciobanu)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None