- Title: Fireworks light up Olympic Stadium as Tokyo Paralympics open
- Date: 24th August 2021
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (AUGUST 24, 2021) (REUTERS) FIREWORKS RISE ABOVE TOKYO'S OLYMPIC STADIUM TOKYO'S OLYMPIC STADIUM TOKYO 2020 BANNERS AND VIDEO SCREEN SEEN INSIDE OLYMPIC STADIUM FIREWORKS RISE ABOVE TOKYO'S OLYMPIC STADIUM TOKYO'S OLYMPIC STADIUM TOKYO 2020 BANNER ON OLYMPIC STADIUM
- Embargoed: 7th September 2021 14:23
- Keywords: Paralympic Games Paralympics Tokyo 2020 ceremony fireworks opening ceremony
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001ERN13RB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Tokyo Paralympics kicked off on Tuesday (August 24) with a fireworks display as part of the opening ceremony.
No spectators are allowed in venues during the Games, as was the case with the recently concluded Olympics, in a bid to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Organisers said the opening ceremony was attended by about 3,400 members of team delegations, 800 Games "stakeholders" and guests of honor, and 2,400 members of the media.
The Paralympics are set to run until Sept. 5.
(Production: Chris Gallagher)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None