- Title: Israel lowers age of eligibility for COVID-19 vaccine booster to 30
- Date: 24th August 2021
- Summary: JERUSALEM (AUGUST 24, 2021) (REUTERS) PEOPLE AND CHILDREN STANDING OUTSIDE VACCINE STATION HEALTH WORKER PREPARING VACCINE SHOT HEALTH WORKER FLICKING SYRINGE OF VACCINE HEALTH WORKER GIVING MAN VACCINE (SOUNDBITE) (English) 33-YEAR-OLD TEACHER, DANNY WEININGER, SAYING: "Not too worried about it, I trust the science, I think, you know, doctors and medical professionals know what they are doing and you know." BOOTHS AT THE VACCINATION CENTER (SOUNDBITE) (English) 33-YEAR-OLD TEACHER, DANNY WEININGER, SAYING: "And I am excited about the third shot, I'm flying to visit my family in New York tomorrow, and I want to make sure that they are protected and you know, I haven't seen my dad and my sister for two years and they are going to meet my wife for the first time and just really excited that you know this is going to make sure that they are safe and we are safe. MANAGER OF THE CLALIT VACCINATION STATION IN JERUSALEM SHANI LUVATON TALKING TO PATIENT (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANAGER OF THE CLALIT VACCINATION STATION IN JERUSALEM, SHANI LUVATON, SAYING: "Today we got an announcement that people from the age of 30 and above can come for vaccine and we are very very hopeful that they all will come, we are already ready and anticipated that, expecting them to come as soon as possible as many as possible, we are waiting for them.." MAN GETTING VACCINE SHOT PEOPLE TALKING TO HEALTH WORKER ON STATION AMPULE OF VACCINE HEALTH WORKER GIVING MAN SHOT OF VACCINE WOMAN PREPARING HER ARM FOR VACCINE (SOUNDBITE) (English) 32-YEAR-OLD TEACHER, YAEL PAINKAKER, SAYING: "And I think it was very important to get the vaccine, I am a teacher, I dont want to get sick, and I am going to school next week I want to be prepared." HEALTH WORKER GIVING SHOT OF VACCINE WOMAN TAKING VIDEO OF MAN GETTING VACCINATED ON HER PHONE PEOPLE TALKING TO HEALTH WORKER HEALTH WORKER PREPARING VACCINE SHOT TEL AVIV, ISRAEL (AUGUST 22, 2021) (REUTERS) WOMAN HOLDING CHILD'S HAND TO GET SEROLOGICAL TEST DONE VARIOUS OF CHILD DOING SEROLOGICAL TEST HEALTH WORKER PERFORMING TEST CHILD'S FINGER WRAPPED AFTER TEST CHILD SITING DOWN EXTENDING ARM VARIOUS OF HEALTH WORKER PERFORMING SEROLOGICAL TEST ON CHILD PARENTS AND CHILDREN WAITING OUTSIDE STATION FOR TESTS (SOUNDBITE) (English) 37-YEAR-OLD SOFTWARE ENGINEER, GAVRIEL SMITH, SAYING: "Yeah, we've come here to do serological test for my daughter, she's five and three months old, there's restrictions in Israel for children above the age of 3, and so if we find in the serological test that she has antibodies to COVID then she will be able to enter restaurants, pools, etc." PARENTS AND CHILDREN WAITING OUTSIDE STATION FOR TESTS
- Embargoed: 7th September 2021 18:04
- Keywords: COVID-19 Delta Health Israel age 30 booster coronavirus third dose vaccine
- Location: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL / JERUSALEM
- City: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL / JERUSALEM
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Health/Medicine,Middle East
- Reuters ID: LVA001ERN3O7B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Israel expanded its COVID-19 vaccine booster shots to those over 30 years old on Tuesday (August 24), broadening its booster campaign to fend off the coronavirus Delta variant.
A statement from the Health Ministry said its decision to lower the age of eligibility for a third dose of the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine from 40 to 30 followed a recommendation of its advising experts and its epidemiology task-force and vaccines committee.
Boosters are administered to people who have received their second dose at least five months ago.
On Sunday (August 22), Israel launched the serological testing for children between the age of 3 and 12, ahead of new school year, aiming at discovering how many children have antibodies against COVID-19.
This sent parents rushing to testing centers within the few days left before the 1st of September, the official first day of the school year.
(Production: Dedi Hayun, Rami Amichay, Nuha Sharaf)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None