- Title: Paris St Germain rejects Real Madrid's bid for Mbappe - BFM, citing Leonardo
- Date: 24th August 2021
- Summary: ISTANBUL, TURKEY (FILE - SEPTEMBER 30, 2019) (REUTERS) MBAPPE DOING KEEPIE UPPIES MBAPPE DURING TRAINING
- Embargoed: 7th September 2021 22:34
- Keywords: Kylian Mbappe La Liga Ligue 1 PSG Paris St Germain Real Madrid
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Europe,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA004ERN52RJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Paris St Germain has rejected an offer from Real Madrid for France forward Kylian Mbappe, BFM television said on Wednesday (August 25), quoting the French club's sporting director Leonardo as saying the offer was "not sufficient".
Spanish and French media reported on Tuesday that Real Madrid made a 160 million euro ($187.81 million) bid for the 22-year-old World Cup-winner who scored 42 goals in all competitions for PSG last season and has reportedly said he wants to move to Spain.
Any sale of Mbappe would allow PSG to recoup some of the costs of Lionel Messi's salary package after they signed the Argentina forward and six times Ballon d'Or winner from Barcelona earlier this month.
PSG ended last season with only one major trophy, the French Cup, after losing the league title by one point to Lille and crashing out in the Champions League semi-finals.
Real, now managed by Italian Carlo Ancelotti, were runners-up domestically last season to city rivals Atletico.
Mbappe joined PSG from AS Monaco in 2017, on loan initially and then permanently a year later in a deal valued at 180 million euros.
($1 = 0.8506 euros)
(Production: Stefan Haskins / Andy Ragg)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None