- Title: France's Macron meets and greets Dublin locals
- Date: 26th August 2021
- Summary: ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF MACRON WALKING ALONG STREET AND SPEAKING TO IRISH PRIME MINISTER MICHAEL MARTIN MACRON POSING FOR PHOTOS OUTSIDE IRISH SPECIALITY SHOP MACRON SPEAKING TO WOMEN AT PUB PEOPLE GATHERED ON ROAD FRENCH VISITOR STOPPING MACRON FOR A SELFIE PASSERS-BY / CROWD SURROUNDING MACRON MACRON SPEAKING TO FRENCH WOMAN AND DAUGHTER, SAYING (English): "She doesn't speak English but she wants her daughter to speak good English, which is why she will spend a year here." MARTIN, REPLYING (English): "Learning English in Ireland is the best thing you can do, because we improved the English language." MACRON MEETING LITTLE BOY TRINITY COLLEGE DUBLIN STUDENTS SEATED MACRON WALKING IN VARIOUS OF STUDENTS APPLAUDING MACRON STUDENTS SEATED STUDENT ASKING QUESTION (SOUNDBITE) (English) FRENCH PRESIDENT EMMANUEL MACRON, ASKED IF EUROPE WAS BEING TOO PROJECTIONIST WITH COVID VACCINES, SAYING: "In Europe, half of the vaccines produced in Europe were exported. We were the more open and the more, dealing like normal life with the vaccine. And we were those who accepted basically to share our production with other countries. At the very beginning it was not with low-income countries, but if you take the UK market, our good British friends, vaccinated themselves with imports coming from the EU, at a very large majority, and a lot of other countries. And afterwards, we exported and provided doses to the others. But I just want to remind you of these facts, because we were by far the most efficient and generous region of the world, just taking these figures, this is the reality." MACRON LISTENING STUDENT ASKING QUESTION
- Embargoed: 9th September 2021 18:13
- Keywords: Dublin France Macron
- Location: DUBLIN, IRELAND
- City: DUBLIN, IRELAND
- Country: France
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Europe,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA002ERX3LFR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French President Emmanuel Macron took an hour-long walkabout in Dublin during his visit to the Irish capital on Thursday (August 26), greeting locals and French tourists alike.
During his one-day tour of Dublin, Macron also paid a visit to Trinity College Dublin where he spoke to students.
He addressed questions on whether Europe was being too protectionist with COVID vaccines by defending the bloc, saying it has "by far" been "the most efficient and generous region of the world."
The visit fulfils part of an election pledge Mr. Macron to visit all 27 EU member states, with the Republic of Ireland one of only four countries yet to be crossed off his list.
(Production: Yiming Woo)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None