- Title: Mexico says not forced on migration by U.S. Supreme Court decision
- Date: 26th August 2021
- Summary: CIUDAD JUAREZ, CHIHUAHUA, MEXICO (FILE - JUNE 18, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ASYLUM SEEKERS AT BORDER CROSSING AREA
- Embargoed: 9th September 2021 04:52
- Keywords: Mexico Supreme Court U.S.A. immigration migrants
- Location: CIUDAD JUAREZ, CHIHUAHUA + MEXICO CITY + REYNOSA, TAMAULIPAS, MEXICO
- City: CIUDAD JUAREZ, CHIHUAHUA + MEXICO CITY + REYNOSA, TAMAULIPAS, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: South America / Central America,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA005ERX1AH3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: QUALITY AS INCOMING
Mexico's foreign ministry said on Wednesday (August 25) that Mexico will exercise sovereignty in designing and executing its migration policies.
It comes after the U.S. Supreme Court ordered President Joe Biden's government to reinstate the "remain in Mexico" programme.
The Supreme Court's 6-3 conservative majority includes three justices appointed by Trump.
(Production: Rodolfo Pena Roja, Paul Vieira)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None