- Title: Foreign military invade Red Square as music festival kicks off in Moscow
- Date: 27th August 2021
- Summary: BANNER READING IN RUSSIAN 'SPASSKAYA TOWER INTERNATIONAL MILITARY MUSIC FESTIVAL' FOREIGN PERSONNEL AND MEXICAN PERFORMER AT NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) HEAD OF SPASSKAYA TOWER FESTIVAL, SERGEY SMIRNOV, SAYING: "We're facing a unique situation, foremost in regards to Coronavirus that demands to take extraordinary measures that's why the most important thing for us was the security of our spectators, participants of the festival, of the service providers and our numerous guests." VARIOUS OF MILITARY IN NATIONAL UNIFORMS AT PRESSER
- Embargoed: 10th September 2021 12:53
- Keywords: Military bands Moscow Red Square Russia festival music performance
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA003ES23CJR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Military bands from around the world staged a colorful performance in the heart of the Russian capital at a kick-off of the 'Spasskaya Tower' festival on Thursday night (August 26) amid concerns of COVID-19 pandemic.
The festival, called "Spasskaya Bashnya" or Kremlin's Saviour Tower, featured bands performing a wide range of music - from classical pieces and military marches to popular modern tunes.
Organizers assured to take all necessary measures to provide the security of participants and spectators.
"The most important thing for us was the security of our spectators, participants of the festival, of the service providers and our numerous guests", a head of 'Spasskaya Tower' festival, Sergey Smirnov, said.
The festival has been held each year since 2007.
(Production: Alexander Reshetnikov, Yury Bakhnov)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None