- Title: Man United agree deal to re-sign Ronaldo from Juventus
- Date: 27th August 2021
- Summary: MADRID, SPAIN (FILE - SEPTEMBER 17, 2019) (REUTERS) RONALDO STANDING ON PITCH AT BERNABEU STADIUM (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) RODRIGO BENTANCUR, GONZALO HIGUAIN, SANDRO, RONALDO, PABLO DYBALA, JUAN CUADRADO, MERIH DEMIRAL, DANILO AND MATTHIJS DE LIGT POSING FOR A PHOTOGRAPH TURIN, ITALY (FILE - JULY 16, 2018) (REUTERS) CRISTIANO RONALDO HOLDING UP JUVENTUS SHIRT CAMERA OPERATOR FILMING RONALDO WITH SHIRT, OFFICIALS
- Embargoed: 10th September 2021 17:55
- Keywords: CR7 Cristiano Ronaldo Juventus Man United Manchester United Old Trafford Premier League Red Devils transfer
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA007ES2329R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Manchester United have agreed a deal to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus, the Premier League club announced on Friday (August 27), with the transfer subject to the agreement of personal terms, visa and a medical.
The Portugal forward is headed back to the club where he won eight major trophies from 2003-2009. Financial details were not disclosed but British and Italian media said United would buy Ronaldo for 25 million euros on a two-year deal.
Ronaldo, signed by Juve in 2018 for 100 million euros ($117.90 million) from Real Madrid in the hope of leading them to an elusive Champions League title, will leave the club with 101 goals, two league crowns and a Coppa Italia to his name.
The 36-year-old won the Ballon d'Or as the world's best player in 2008 at United alongside his team accolades, before sealing a then world record 80 million pounds move to Madrid.
After telling Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri on Thursday of his desire to leave Turin, widespread media reports claimed Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, had agreed personal terms with Premier League champions Manchester City.
But after City were said to have had a change of heart over the deal, rivals United got the transfer agreed.
($1 = 0.8482 euros)
(Production: Andrew Ragg)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None