- Title: Sikhs hold special prayers in India for people stuck in Afghanistan
- Date: 27th August 2021
- Summary: BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA (AUGUST 26, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) MEN PLAYING MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS AND SINGING AS PRIEST SITS PRIEST LOOKING ON MEN PLAYING MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS AND SINGING
- Embargoed: 10th September 2021 13:20
- Keywords: Afghanistan India Kabul New Delhi Shimla Taliban evacuation prayers
- Location: SHIMLA, HIMACHAL PRADESH/NEW DELHI/BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH/JAMMU, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- City: SHIMLA, HIMACHAL PRADESH/NEW DELHI/BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH/JAMMU, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA004ES212DR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Sikhs in India offered prayers at shrines to pray for people stuck in Afghanistan and thank the government for bringing back citizens and three copies of 'Guru Granth Sahib' their holiest book, some of the last left in the trouble-torn country after Taliban took over.
Prayers were chanted as devotees worshipped in New Delhi on Friday (August 27), northern Shimla, Jammu, and central Bhopal cities for safe return of the members of the community still stuck in Afghanistan.
This comes as the dreaded militant outfit Taliban entered Kabul on August 15 after rapidly taking over much of the country, prompting chaotic scenes at the airport as crowds scrambled to escape.
India has been carrying out evacuations of Indian nationals, Afghan among others from Afghanistan.
However, a blast outside the gates of Kabul airport as one Islamic State suicide bomber killed 85 people including 13 U.S. soldiers has raised security concerns.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.