- Title: Pakistan authorities seize weapons from a truck coming from Afghanistan
- Date: 27th August 2021
- Summary: TORKHAM BORDER, PAKISTAN (AUGUST 27, 2021) (REUTERS) OFFICIALS STANDING NEAR TRUCK AND BEING HANDED OVER WEAPONS BY AN OFFICIAL INSIDE THE TRUCK OFFICIAL HANDING WEAPONS TO OFFICIALS OUTSIDE TRUCK / WEAPONS TORKHAM BORDER, PAKISTAN (RECENT, 2021) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF TRUCKS AT TORKHAM BORDER VARIOUS OF PARKED TRUCKS PARKED TRUCKS, TRAFFIC PASSING TRAFFIC ON ROAD LEADING TO TORKHAM BORDER VIEW OF TORKHAM BORDER AREA TRUCK PASSING THROUGH TORKHAM BORDER
- Embargoed: 10th September 2021 17:48
- Keywords: Afghanmistan Pakistan Torkham border crossing weapons seized from truck
- Location: TORKHAM BORDER, PAKISTAN
- City: TORKHAM BORDER, PAKISTAN
- Country: Pakistan
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA001ES205ZB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Pakistan authorities on Friday (August 27) seized a truck carrying weapons at the Torkham border from Afghanistan, local intelligence sources said.
The weapons included Kalashnikov rifles, pistols and ammunition, customs officials confirmed.
The truck driver was arrested and the weapons were confiscated.
According to customs officials, the weapons were hidden away inside the truck and were being smuggled to Pakistan's northwestern city of Peshawar.
Torkham is a major border crossing between the Pakistani city of Torkham and Afghanistan, located on the international border between the two countries.
It connects Nangarhar province of Afghanistan with Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. The other border crossing is Chaman with the neighbouring Kandahar Province of Afghanistan.
(Production: Waseem Sattar, Shahabuddin Shahab)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None