- Title: India university aims to prepare youth for COVID digital transition
- Date: 27th August 2021
- Summary: THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA, INDIA (AUGUST 27, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF KERALA'S DIGITAL SCIENCE, INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY UNIVERSITY BUILDING SIGNBOARD READING NAME OF UNIVERSITY IN ENGLISH VARIOUS OF PEOPLE AT THE UNIVERSITY
- Embargoed: 10th September 2021 15:51
- Keywords: COVID-19 India Kerala coronavirus digital transition vaccination work from home
- Location: THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA, INDIA
- City: THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001ES213YN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A university in India's southern Kerala state is aiming to prepare its students for a professional digital transition.
The university offers courses in emerging areas, research centres, and 'Maker Village', one of the leading electronics hardware incubators in India, to equip people to develop a responsible digital world.
Meanwhile, Kerala has become the worst affected state in the country by the coronavirus pandemic. According to the health ministry data, more than 50 percent of the active cases in the country are in Kerala.
Cases fell to a five-month low of 25,166 in the middle of the month but have risen sharply in the last three days, mainly in Kerala that recently celebrated a big festival during which families typically come together.
India reported 44,658 new COVID-19 infections on Friday (August 27), taking the total to 32.6 million, the most in the world after the United States. Deaths rose by 496 to 436,861.
Kerala, on India's southern tip, has accounted for nearly 60% of the new cases in the past week.
India has so far administered more than 611 million vaccine doses, giving at least one dose to more than half of its 944 million adults and the required two doses to about 15%.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None