- Title: Ida set to make landfall on 16th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina
- Date: 29th August 2021
- Summary: NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 3, 2005) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) AERIAL SHOWING FLOODED RESIDENTIAL AREA AERIAL OF U.S. MILITARY HELICOPTER DROPPING AID BOXES IN FLOODED AREA AERIAL OF MAN STANDING UP TO WAIST IN THE WATER BELOW COLLECTING SUPPLIES AERIAL OF GROUP WADING THROUGH WATER, PUSHING WOMAN IN BUCKET AERIAL OF GROUP OF PEOPLE ON A BALCONY WAVING TO HELICOPTER AERIAL OF VARIOUS OF PEOPLE ON ROOF, HOLDING SIGN "HELP US" VARIOUS OF PEOPLE ON BALCONIES, WAVING FOR HELP VARIOUS OF WOMAN WAVING SHEETS FROM WINDOW FOR HELP WOMAN BEING AIRLIFTED WITH ELDERLY MAN AERIAL OF NEW ORLEANS SUPERDOME STADIUM WITH DAMAGE TO ROOF
- Embargoed: 12th September 2021 00:52
- Keywords: Hurricane Ida Katrina Louisiana New Orleans storm
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: US
- Topics: Environment,United States,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA003ES72DL3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Sunday (August 29) marks 16 years since Hurricane Katrina pounded the Gulf Coast, killing 1,800 people and leaving the city of New Orleans under water. It was one of the deadliest and costliest storms in U.S. history.
Hurricane Ida, which is currently churning its way across the Gulf of Mexico is also expected to make landfall on Sunday.
Louisiana's Governor has characterized Ida as a "very strong" Category 4 storm on the five-step Saffir-Simpson scale, generating winds of 140 miles per hour (225 kph), heavy downpours and a tidal surge that could plunge much of the Louisiana shoreline under several feet of water.
(Production: Kevin Fogarty, Don Pessin, Greg Savoy, Deborah Gembara)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None