- Title: Up to 16 suspects arrested in France over Kardashian robbery
- Date: 9th January 2017
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, UNITED STATES (FILE - MAY 2, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF REALITY TELEVISION STAR, KIM KARDASHIAN, ON RED CARPET FOR THE MET GALA
- Embargoed: 24th January 2017 10:02
- Keywords: Kardashian police robbery station arrests Paris France
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE / NEW YORK CITY, UNITED STATES
- City: PARIS, FRANCE / NEW YORK CITY, UNITED STATES
- Country: France
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0025YCZV47
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Up to 16 people were arrested in France on Monday (January 9) over the robbery of reality TV star Kim Kardashian in a Paris apartment in October, media and a source close to the inquiry said.
Attackers wearing ski masks and clothes with police markings burst into the block in the early hours of October 3, tied Kardashian up at gunpoint and stole 9 million euros ($9.5 million) worth of jewellery, police said at the time.
Reports by Europe 1, RTL Radio and BFM TV said the suspects had been arrested in part thanks to DNA traces left at the scene.
One of those in custody was picked up in Grasse, in the Alpes-Maritimes region of southeast France, and was known to police for criminal activity, the source said.
The Paris prosecutor could not be reached immediately for comment.
Kardashian, who is married to U.S. rap star Kanye West, was "badly shaken but physically unharmed," her publicist said at the time.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None