- Title: Gaza family cleans rubble after Israel bombs Hamas sites
- Date: 29th August 2021
- Summary: BEIT HANOUN, GAZA (AUGUST 29, 2021) (REUTERS) WOMAN CLEANING RUBBLE AT THEIR HOUSE AFTER IT WAS HIT BY ISRAELI BOMBS FATHER MOUSA AL ZAANIN CHECKING DAMAGE AT HIS HOUSE EXTERIOR OF A HOUSE MISSING PART OF THE WALL/CHILD LOOKING OUT THROUGH GAP DAMAGED BEDROOM GIRL SITTING ON HER BED VARIOUS OF AL ZAANIN CLEANING RUBBLE WOMAN CLEANING RUBBLE (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) PALESTINIAN FATHER FROM GAZA WHOSE HOME DAMAGED BY ISRAELI BOMBS, MOUSA AL ZAANIN, SAYING: "As usual we were sleeping, we woke up when bombing sounded very strong." BOY LOOKING AT DAMAGED HOME (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) PALESTINIAN FATHER FROM GAZA WHOSE HOME DAMAGED BY ISRAELI BOMBS, MOUSA AL ZAANIN, SAYING: "With all the damaged walls, my house is not suitable to live in at all. All the furniture is damaged." BOY LOOKING AT DAMAGED HOME AL ZAANIN CLEANING SCENE, BOY LOOKING AT DAMAGE
- Embargoed: 12th September 2021 11:31
- Keywords: Hamas Israel Palestinians balloons bombs
- Location: BEIT HANOUN, GAZA
- City: BEIT HANOUN, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Occupied Territory
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Middle East
- Reuters ID: LVA001ESC19VR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Israeli aircraft struck Hamas sites in Gaza early on Sunday (August 29) in response to incendiary balloons launched from the Palestinian enclave, the military said, as a recent rise in cross-border violence tests a fragile truce that ended fierce fighting in May.
A Palestinian family, whose house was heavily damaged by the Israeli airstrikes, tried to clear the rubble to what they said was now an uninhabitable home.
Sanctioned by Hamas, the Islamist armed group that rules Gaza, Palestinian groups said on Saturday they were resuming protests at the Israel-Gaza border, aimed at pressing Israel to ease restrictions on the enclave. The Israeli military said hundreds of Palestinians gathered along the frontier during the night, hurling explosives and burning tyres.
The military said its troops responded with "riot dispersal means" and Gaza medics said at least six Palestinians were hurt, one seriously. A few hours later, Israeli pre-dawn airstrikes targeted a Hamas weapons manufacturing complex and a tunnel it said was used by militants after incendiary balloons were sent across the border.
There were no reports of casualties in the bombings.
(Production: Arafat Barbakh, Mohammed Shana)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None