- Title: U2 to do a full on a European and North American tour
- Date: 9th January 2017
- Summary: CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 09, 2014) (REUTERS) U2 PERFORMING
- Embargoed: 24th January 2017 14:53
- Keywords: U2 music The Joshua Tree Irish rockers
- Location: VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS / CUPERTINO AND LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES; NEW YORK, UNITED STATES; LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS / CUPERTINO AND LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES; NEW YORK, UNITED STATES; LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0025YD0SB1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Irish rockers U2 said on Monday they would mark the 30th anniversary of their hit album "The Joshua Tree" by playing it in full on a European and North American tour.
The 1987 album sold more than 25 million copies worldwide, and topped charts with its hits "With Or Without You", "Where The Streets Have No Name" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".
"Recently I listened back to 'The Joshua Tree' for the first time in nearly 30 years ... it's quite an opera. A lot of emotions which feel strangely current, love, loss, broken dreams, seeking oblivion, polarization ... all the greats," frontman Bono said in a statement.
The North American leg of the tour will kick off in May in Vancouver, followed by a European section starting in London in July and including an appearance back home at Dublin's Croke Park stadium.
OneRepublic, Mumford & Sons and The Lumineers will support the band in America, and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds in Europe.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.