- Title: Suspects arrested in France over Kardashian robbery - reports
- Date: 9th January 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - OCTOBER 3, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ARC DE TRIOMPHE MONUMENT AND CARS DRIVING ON ROUNDABOUT POLICE CAR IN FRONT OF APARTMENT BUILDING WHERE KIM KARDASHIAN STAYS AND WHERE ROBBERY WAS BELIEVED TO HAVE TAKEN PLACE POLICE OFFICER LEAVING BUILDING TWO POLICE OFFICERS STANDING GUARD IN FRONT OF BUILDING POLICE OFFICERS WALKING ON STREET CAMERAMAN FILMING POLICE OFFICERS POLICE SIGN ON VEHICLE JOURNALIST SPEAKING IN FRONT OF CAMERA JOURNALIST FILMING, OTHERS STANDING IN STREET CLOTHES HANGING ON RACK, SEEN FROM OUTSIDE WINDOW BALCONY BUILDING SEEN FROM ACROSS STREET CAR PARKED IN FRONT OF BUILDING LOBBY, MAN WALKING OUT OF LOBBY PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - MAY 20, 2014) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF KARDASHIAN WALKING, HOLDING BABY NORTH, ARRIVING AT APARTMENT BUILDING EXTERIOR OF APARTMENT BUILDING WHERE ROBBERY WAS BELIEVED TO HAVE TAKEN PLACE
- Embargoed: 24th January 2017 08:03
- Keywords: Kardashian robbery arrests Paris
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0015YCYXXJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Several people were arrested and some held for questioning by police in France on Monday (January 9) in connection with the robbery of reality TV star Kim Kardashian in Paris last October, Europe 1 Radio and other French media reported.
French police said at the time that the 36 year-old was robbed at gunpoint of some 9 million euros ($9.5 million) worth of jewellery by masked men who tied her up in her Paris apartment early on October 3.
Reports by Europe 1 and RTL Radio said 15 people were arrested in all over the robbery, in part thanks to DNA traces left behind. RTL said the perpetrators, some disguised as police officers, had quit the scene on foot and on bicycles.
A Paris police source had told Reuters in October that five attackers, wearing ski masks and clothes with police markings, struck around 3 a.m. (0100 GMT) inside the exclusive apartment block where Kardashian had been staying while attending Paris Fashion Week.
The Paris prosecutor could not be immediately reached for comment.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None