- Title: Hindu devotees celebrate God Krishnaâ€™s birthday with fervour all over India
- Date: 30th August 2021
- Summary: SRINAGAR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA (AUGUST 30, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) DEVOTEES IN PROCESSION VARIOUS OF DEVOTEES SINGING AND DANCING IN PROCESSION PROCESSION DEVOTEES DANCING VARIOUS OF PROCESSION DEVOTEES DANCING BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA (AUGUST 30, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) IDOLS OF KRISHNA AND RADHA VARIOUS OF PEOPLE PRAYING, SINGING, CLAPPING, AND PERFORMING FIRE RITUAL DEVOTEES DANCING/MAN STANDING WITH CHILD DRESSED AS KRISHNA
- Embargoed: 13th September 2021 15:21
- Keywords: Hindu India Janamashtami Krishna Mathura birth anniversary festival religion
- Location: MATHURA, UTTAR PRADESH/ SRINAGAR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR/ BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH/ NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: MATHURA, UTTAR PRADESH/ SRINAGAR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR/ BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH/ NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Religion/Belief,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA004ESH14Y7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Devotees across India celebrated the birth anniversary of Hindu God Krishna on Monday (August 30) by visiting temples, feasting on delicacies, cosplaying as gods, and taking out vibrant processions.
Mathura, believed to be the birthplace of Krishna, saw the most enthusiastic celebrations as devotees thronged temples and carried out processions across the city.
Krishna is revered across northern India for his miraculous and cute acts as a child. His recitation of 700-verse 'Bhagavad Gita' to his friend Arjun on a battlefield is considered as one of the most important Hindu religious texts.
Lord Krishna is worshipped as the eighth incarnation of Hindu God Vishnu. According to Hindu texts, Lord Krishna was born in human form to kill 'Kansa', the demon king of Mathura city and his maternal uncle.
The festivities climax at midnight and it is believed that Lord Krishna was born at that hour.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.