- Title: Hindu devotees celebrate God Krishnaâ€™s birthday with fervour all over India
- Date: 30th August 2021
- Summary: MATHURA, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA (AUGUST 30, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) DRONE SHOT OF SHRI KRISHNA JANMASTHAN TEMPLE AND CITY DRONE SHOT COLOURFUL RELIGIOUS PROCESSION DEVOTEES BLOWING CONCH SHELL, CONSIDERED AUSPICIOUS IN HINDU CEREMONIES DEVOTEES COSPLAYING AS HINDU GODS AND ONE DRESSED AS CLOWN AT PROCESSION DEVOTEES DANCING IN PROCESSION DEVOTEES PLAYING DRUMS AND OTHER MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS DRUM BEING BEATEN DEVOTEES AT PROCESSION DEVOTEES DANCING VARIOUS OF DEVOTEES PLAYING DRUMS AS OTHERS DANCE MAN PLAYING INDIAN TRADITIONAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENT AS WOMAN IN TRADITIONAL DRESS DANCES IDOLS OF HINDU GOD KRISHNA AND HIS CONSORT RADHA DEVOTEES AT TEMPLE (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) DEVOTEE, LEENA BHARADWAJ, SAYING: "It is a great feeling. We were waiting for a long time to visit the temple and pray. Because of coronavirus, it was not possible."
- Embargoed: 13th September 2021 15:21
- Keywords: Hindu India Janamashtami Krishna Mathura birth anniversary festival religion
- Location: MATHURA, UTTAR PRADESH/ SRINAGAR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR/ BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH/ NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: MATHURA, UTTAR PRADESH/ SRINAGAR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR/ BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH/ NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Religion/Belief,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA001ESH14Y7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Devotees across India celebrated the birth anniversary of Hindu God Krishna on Monday (August 30) by visiting temples, feasting on delicacies, cosplaying as gods, and taking out vibrant processions.
Mathura, believed to be the birthplace of Krishna, saw the most enthusiastic celebrations as devotees thronged temples and carried out processions across the city.
Krishna is revered across northern India for his miraculous and cute acts as a child. His recitation of 700-verse 'Bhagavad Gita' to his friend Arjun on a battlefield is considered as one of the most important Hindu religious texts.
Lord Krishna is worshipped as the eighth incarnation of Hindu God Vishnu. According to Hindu texts, Lord Krishna was born in human form to kill 'Kansa', the demon king of Mathura city and his maternal uncle.
The festivities climax at midnight and it is believed that Lord Krishna was born at that hour.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None