- Title: Dengue, fever kills at least 50 in Indiaâ€™s most populous state
- Date: 4th September 2021
- Summary: FIROZABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 03, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) MAN CARRYING CHILD AND WALKING PEOPLE GATHERED AT HELP DESK VARIOUS OF PEOPLE STANDING WOMAN CARRYING CHILD AS SHE WALKS (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) FIROZABAD CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER, DR. DINESH KUMAR PREMI, SAYING: "See, we cannot say it was (all the deaths were caused by) dengue as 50 people have died till yesterday evening, out of which some were confirmed dengue cases and some (deaths) were because of fever." CHILDREN SLEEPING ON HOSPITAL BED AS WOMEN STAND VARIOUS OF CHILDREN SLEEPING ON HOSPITAL BEDS VARIOUS OF CHILD IN LAP OF WOMAN BEING ATTENDED TO (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) CHIEF MEDICAL SUPERINTENDENT, AUTONOMOUS STATE MEDICAL COLLEGE, DR. ALOK KUMAR, SAYING: "There are around 400 (patients) admitted as of now and as you saw that we have puts beds like in the kitchen or storeroom-wherever it was possible. After this, we will put beds in under construction building (that is being made) and we will improve our capacity to 600." WORKER KEEPING BED ON FLOOR BEDS BEING OFFLOADED FROM TRUCK/WORKER CARRYING BEDS AND WALKING AWAY VARIOUS OF EMPTY BEDS
- Embargoed: 18th September 2021 09:34
- Keywords: Firozabad India Uttar Pradesh children deaths dengue fever hospital mosquito viral infection
- Location: FIROZABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- City: FIROZABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001ETAYK3Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART AUDIO QUALITY AS INCOMING
At least 50 people, including over 30 children, have died due to dengue outbreak and fever in India's northern Firozabad district, doctors said on Friday (September 03).
The district is facing an outbreak of mosquito-related diseases among children and has also noted cases of viral fever.
"50 people have died till yesterday evening, out of which some were confirmed dengue cases and some (deaths) were because of fever," Firozabad Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Dinesh kumar premi.
Meanwhile, beds were put in kitchen and storeroom of Autonomous State Medical College to accommodate the patients.
Dengue fever, which can cause intense pain in muscles and joints, is spread by the bite of the Aedes Aegypti mosquito.
The insect thrives in the mega-cities of the tropics.
Most patients survive dengue, but it is estimated to kill about 20,000 every year, many of them children, who are not able to fight against it.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None