- Title: Anya Taylor-Joy, Matt Smith premiere 'Last Night in Soho' at Venice
- Date: 4th September 2021
- Summary: VENICE, ITALY (SEPTEMBER 4, 2021) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ACTOR ANYA TAYLOR-JOY, ARRIVING ON RED CARPET VARIOUS OF ACTOR MATT SMITH POSING ON RED CARPET VARIOUS OF TAYLOR-JOY POSING DIRECTOR AND WRITER EDGAR WRIGHT ON RED CARPET VARIOUS OF TAYLOR-JOY POSING ON RED CARPET PHOTOGRAPHERS ACTOR MICHAEL AJAO ARRIVING ON RED CARPET WITH HIS FATHER WRITER KRYSTY WILSON-CAIRNS (CENTRE) ARRIVING WITH GUESTS AJAO WAVING AND POSING ON RED CARPET WILSON-CAIRNS ON RED CARPET VARIOUS OF WRIGHT AND CAST MEMBERS POSING ON RED CARPET VARIOUS OF JURY MEMBER, ACTRESS, CYNTHIA ERIVO, POSING ON RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 18th September 2021 21:49
- Keywords: Anya Taylor-Joy Edgar Wright Last Night in Soho Matt Smith Thomasin McKenzie Venice Film Festival last night in soho movie
- Location: VENICE, ITALY
- City: VENICE, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA001ETAZHAL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: "The Queen's Gambit" star Anya Taylor-Joy was pretty in pink on Saturday (September 4) as walked the Venice Film Festival red carpet for the world premiere of her new movie "Last Night in Soho".
The psychological thriller is directed by British film-maker Edgar Wright and also stars "The Crown" and "Doctor Who" actor Matt Smith and Thomasin McKenzie ("Jojo Rabbit", "Leave No Trace").
The film, premiering out of competition at the Venice Film Festival on Saturday, follows Eloise (McKenzie), a student enamoured with the 1960s who heads to London from the countryside intent on becoming a fashion designer.
But her dream fast turns into a neon-drenched nightmare as she finds herself transported back to the decade and inhabiting the life of Sandie, an aspiring singer played by Taylor-Joy.
Wright, who started working on the idea more than a decade ago, called the film a "dark valentine to Soho", the central London area where most of the action takes place.
(Production: Christian Levaux, Hanna Rantala)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.