- Title: Top racers compete in MENA's first ever official digital racing cup
- Date: 12th September 2021
- Summary: PARTICIPANTS TAKING PART IN RACE
- Embargoed: 26th September 2021 12:20
- Keywords: Amman Motorsport Video games
- Location: AMMAN, JORDAN
- City: AMMAN, JORDAN
- Country: Jordan
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Middle East
- Reuters ID: LVA003EUEYK45
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:15-year-old Lebanese motorsport enthusiast Sami Nakhlah was crowned champion of the first-ever 'Toyota Gazoo Racing MENA Digital Cup' held in the region which ended in Jordan on Saturday (September 11).
The 2 day digital racing event replicated the real racing world using one of the most advanced online driving simulator games - Gran Turismo Sport, a Toyota statement said.
"This (digital racing) is something new in the Arab World. This competition is the first of its kind bringing together a great number of countries and participants (in one place),â€ said Nadeem Haddad, head of virtual races at Jordan Motorsport, the official body for all motor sporting events in the Kingdom and organizers of the event.
The event was held under the official sponsorship of the International Automobile Federation (FIA).
It included 22 participants representing Lebanon, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Cyprus, Tunisia, Mauritania, Oman, and Jordan.
(Production: Muath Freij, Jehad Abu Shalbak)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains computer game or software screenshots. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.