- Title: Authorities in southern India begin anti-mosquito fogging as dengue cases rise
- Date: 12th September 2021
- Summary: KALABURAGI, KARNATAKA, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 11, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WALKING OUTSIDE HOSPITAL SIGNBOARD READING (English): "GIMS HOSPITAL KALABURAGI" VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WALKNG OUTSIDE HOSPITAL (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) DISTRICT HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE OFFICER, KALABURAGI, SHARANBASAPPA GANAJALKHED, SAYING: "Since January till the month of August, 266 cases of dengue have been reported. So, if we see then the maximum cases (of dengue) have been reported in the month of August, 158 cases. The cases almost doubled in the month of August." VARIOUS OF FOGGING (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) DISTRICT HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE OFFICER, KALABURAGI, SHARANBASAPPA GANAJALKHED, SAYING: "The main reason was that in that month (August), there was rainfall so water contamination and accumulation were taking place. So after the cases increased we started (anti-mosquito) fogging." NEW DELHI, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 12, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) EXTERIOR OF PEDIATRICS WARD TEST ON GLASS READING (Hindi and English): "PEDIATRICS WARD" WOMAN WITH CHILD WALKING IN CORRIDOR CHILD SLEEPING AS WOMAN SITS WOMAN WITH CHILD SITTING VARIOUS OF CHILD UNDERGOING TREATMENT IN HOSPITAL WOMEN SITTING WITH CHILDREN MACHINE WOMEN SITTING WITH CHILDREN NEW DELHI, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 11, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) (SOUNDBITE) (English) SENIOR PEDIATRICIAN, SIR GANGA RAM HOSPITAL, DR. DHIREN GUPTA, SAYING: "Past one and half months, we are getting lot of lot of influenza cases. Six weeks back influenza just poured in like anything, past 15 days now it has been dominantly viral but it is majorly your dengue fever." NEW DELHI, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 12, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF WOMEN SITTING NEAR SLEEPING CHILDREN
- Embargoed: 26th September 2021 10:52
- Keywords: India Kalaburagi New Delhi children dengue fever fogging patients
- Location: KALABURAGI, KARNATAKA/NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: KALABURAGI, KARNATAKA/NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001EUEXLCF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Authorities in India's southern Kalaburagi city are taking steps to tackle the number of dengue cases after maximum number of cases were reported in the month of August.
Workers used anti-mosquito fogging machine on Saturday (September 11) around the city as the number of dengue cases rose.
Kalaburagi District Health and Family Welfare Officer Sharanbasappa Ganajalkhed said 266 cases were reported since January till the month of August, with 158 cases emerging only in the August.
Meanwhile, dengue cases were also rising in the Indian capital with number of patients rising in the hospitals.
Dengue fever, which can cause intense pain in muscles and joints, is spread by the bite of the Aedes Aegypti mosquito. The insect thrives in the mega-cities of the tropics.
Most patients survive dengue, but it is estimated to kill about 20,000 every year, many of them children, who are not able to fight against it.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None