- Title: Indian nurse selected for Florence Nightingale Award
- Date: 12th September 2021
- Summary: VADODARA, GUJARAT, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 11, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) PEOPLE AT ENTRANCE OF HOSPITAL SIGNBOARD READING IN REGIONAL LANGUAGE NURSE, SIR SAYAJIRAO GENERAL HOSPITAL WHO WILL BE CONFERRED WITH FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE AWARD, BHANUMATI GHEEWALA WALKING INSIDE HOSPITLE VARIOUS OF GHEEWALA EXAMINING A NEWBORN GHEEWALA WALKING/WOMAN SHAKING HANDS WITH GHEEWALA AND TALKING TO HER/ GHEEWALA/ GHEEWALA WALKING GHEEWALA STANDING NEXT TO WOMAN WITH CHILDREN AND TALKING (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) NURSE, SIR SAYAJIRAO GENERAL HOSPITAL WHO WILL BE CONFERRED WITH FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE AWARD, BHANUMATI GHEEWALA, SAYING: "This award is given to the people who do good work. I have been selected for my work related to natural childbirth and the work that I did during floods." GHEEWALA EXAMINING PATIENT AND LEAVING VARIOUS OF GHEEWALA ROCKING NEWBORN TO SLEEP
- Embargoed: 26th September 2021 08:19
- Keywords: Florence Nightingale Award India Vadodara childbirth flood hospital nurse
- Location: VADODARA, GUJARAT, INDIA
- City: VADODARA, GUJARAT, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA001EUEXKJZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A nurse in India's western Vadodara city has been selected for the Florence Nightingale Award for her commendable performance in the health sector.
Nurse at Sir Sayajirao General Hospital, Bhanumati Gheewala not only helped in the deliveries of coronavirus positive pregnant women, but also took care of their newborns.
Gheewala was also a part of the hospital in 2019 when the wards were waterlogged during floods but she continued to serve and deliver her duty in the gynecology department.
The Indian Nursing Council, a part of Indian Health ministry, awards the Florence Nightingale Award that recognizes the work of the healthcare workers.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None