- Title: Putin votes online in Russia's parliamentary election
- Date: 17th September 2021
- Summary: SCREEN SHOWING MESSAGE (Russian) "Thank you, your voice has been counted!"
- Embargoed: 1st October 2021 14:45
- Keywords: Russian election Vladimir Putin electronic voting
- Location: NOVO-OGARYOVO, RUSSIA
- City: NOVO-OGARYOVO, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Europe
- Reuters ID: LVA002EV3Z0HZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russian President Vladimir Putin cast his vote on Friday (September 17) in the country's parliament election which is due to last for three days.
Putin voted via an online system which is used in seven regions of Russia. Earlier this week Putin said he would have to spend "a few days" in self-isolation after dozens of people in his entourage fell ill with COVID-19.
In his speech following the vote, Putin encouraged Russians to take part in the election, saying that he counts on an active position of the citizens.
In the 2021 elections, a new State Duma will be formed for the next five years. Half of the deputies (225) are elected by party lists, half by single-mandate constituencies.
(Production: Maria Vasilyeva, Dmitry Turlyun)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains computer game or software screenshots. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.