- Title: India's Andhra Pradesh, Odisha states brace for cyclonic storm
- Date: 26th September 2021
- Summary: KALINGAPATNAM, ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 26, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF WAVES IN SEA/VARIOUS OF BOATS ON BEACH SEA WAVES HITTING ROCKS VARIOUS OF WORKERS MAKING SHELTER VARIOUS OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF) TEAM MEMBERS STANDING AND WATCHING TRUCK VARIOUS OF NDRF WORKERS KEEPING ITEMS IN BOXES IN TRUCK (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) TEAM COMMANDANT, NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE, SUSHANT KUMAR BEHERA, SAYING: "A team of NDRF (National Disaster Response Force) has been deployed here. We came here in the morning before cyclone and spread awareness among the people. We did a small mock drill during which all the district officials and villagers were present." VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WALKING AMID RAINFALL TREES SWAYING IN WIND AMID RAINFALL WOMAN TALKING TO POLICE OFFICIAL WOMEN STANDING WATERLOGGED AREA (SOUNDBITE) (English) DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE, SRIKAKULAM, MAHENDRA MATHE, SAYING: "Regarding the cyclone Gulab, that is likely to hit the Srikakulam district and Odisha border. Our police, especially Srikakulam police have made extensive arrangements all along the coastline, especially the fishermen communities we have warned them, given them alert message that not to get into go into sea for few days until the cyclone is under control." RAINFALL ON BEACH TREES SWAYING IN WIND BOATS ON BEACH
- Embargoed: 10th October 2021 14:17
- Keywords: Andhra Pradesh Bay of Bengal Cyclone Gulab India Kalingapatnam NDRF cyclone disaster rescue
- Location: KALINGAPATNAM, ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA
- City: KALINGAPATNAM, ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Disaster/Accidents,Wind/Hurricane/Typhoons/Tornadoes
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWCV0I7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A deep depression over India's Bay of Bengal is intensifying into a cyclonic storm that is expected to make landfall late on Sunday (September 26).
By Sunday evening, the cyclone is expected to cross the southern coastal parts of Odisha state in India's east and northern areas of Andhra Pradesh state in the country's south, with wind gusts of up to 95 kph (59 mph), the country's weather office said.
Rescue teams evacuated people from low-lying areas of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
Authorities have asked fishermen to avoid going into the ocean off the coast of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None