- Title: Russia's Putin goes fishing in Siberia with defence minister
- Date: 26th September 2021
- Summary: SIBERIA, RUSSIA (RECENT) (RUSSIAN POOL) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, AND RUSSIAN DEFENCE MINISTER, SERGEI SHOIGU, TALKING PUTIN AND SHOIGU WALKING IN MEADOW SUNLIGHT SEEN THROUGH TREES VARIOUS OF PUTIN WALKING VIEW OF MOUNTAINS PUTIN ON TOP OF MOUNTAIN VARIOUS OF PUTIN AND SHOIGU IN MOUNTAIN WOODS PUTIN TALKING TO MAN SMARTPHONE IN HAND SHOWING VIDEO OF WILD CATS RIVER VARIOUS OF PUTIN FISHING FLOAT IN WATER FISH TAKEN OUT OF WATER / PUTIN WITH FISH SHOIGU FISHING PUTIN FISHING CATCH IN HAND PUTIN IN BOAT HANDS ON WHEEL BACK OF BOAT PUTIN FISHING SHOIGU FISHING FISH IN NET PUTIN IN BOAT FISHING PUTIN DRIVING PUTIN AND SHOIGU IN CAR MOUNTAINS (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SAYING: "The Siberian red deer, huge ones, I haven't seen ones like these before, we were lucky they didn't hit us. They were running so fast, jumping. They should do Olympics. They'd be the best." PUTIN DRIVING PUTIN SITTING ON ROCKS ROCKS PUTIN AND SHOIGU LOOKING THROUGH BINOCULAR PUTIN LOOKING THROUGH BINOCULAR CAMPFIRE SIBERIA, RUSSIA (RECENT) (RUSSIAN POOL) (NIGHT SHOTS) PUTIN IN TENT / PUTIN AND SHOIGU TALKING IN TENT PUTIN BY CAMPFIRE
- Embargoed: 10th October 2021 09:05
- Keywords: Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu President Vladimir Putin Russia Siberia
- Location: SIBERIA, RUSSIA
- City: SIBERIA, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Europe,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWCWX8N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russian President Vladimir Putin spent several days hiking, fishing and camping in Siberia, footage released on Sunday (September 26) showed.
Putin had said in the middle of September he would have to spend "a few days" in self-isolation after dozens of people in his entourage fell ill with COVID-19.
He had to cancel his trip to Tajikistan for a security summit.
Putin has cultivated a macho image, appealing to many Russians, and has previously been pictured riding a horse barechested and in sun glasses, as well as carrying a hunting rifle and piloting a fighter jet.
This time, his outings were more mundane.
The footage showed Putin standing in a river and catching a fish, walking through lush meadows and talking to Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu, his usual holiday companion.
Putin, 68, has had two shots of Russia's Sputnik V vaccine. The Kremlin has said he was feeling healthy.
(Production: Nina Khlapova)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None