- Title: Indian security forces kill two militants in Kashmir
- Date: 26th September 2021
- Summary: BANDIPORA, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 26, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF MILITARY VEHICLES MOVING IN RESIDENTIAL AREA SECURITY PERSONNEL POSITIONED ON ROOFTOP MILITARY VEHICLE MOVING SRINAGAR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 26, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) (HD) (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, KASHMIR, VIJAY KUMAR, SAYING: "Bandipora police got an information yesterday that two terrorists are hiding in a secluded house. So, police and paramilitary CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) laid a cordon and confirmed presence. We appealed to them to surrender but they didn't and then the encounter began and both of them were neutralised. They were identified as Azad and Abid. Abid was trained in Pakistan and Azad is trained locally." BANDIPORA, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 26, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) SECURITY PERSONNEL NEAR ENCOUNTER SITE
- Embargoed: 10th October 2021 09:46
- Keywords: Bandipora India Jammu and Kashmir Kashmir Pakistan encounter insurgents militancy militants police
- Location: BANDIPORA, SRINAGAR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- City: BANDIPORA, SRINAGAR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Conflicts/War/Peace,Insurgencies
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWCUYXB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART VIDEO QUALITY AS INCOMING
Indian security forces killed two militants in northern Jammu and Kashmir territory on Sunday (September 26) during a gunfight in the Bandipora region.
Police said out of the two slain militants, one was trained in Pakistan and one locally.
One of these militants, identified as Azad was involved in the killing of a local politician, Sheikh Waseem Bari and his brother and father.
Kashmir is a Muslim-majority region at the heart of decades of hostility between India and Pakistan. The neighbours both rule parts of the region while claiming the entire territory as theirs.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None