- Title: Indian man builds â€˜monument to loveâ€™ for wife who died of coronavirus
- Date: 27th September 2021
- Summary: SHAJAPUR, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 26, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) NARAYAN SINGH RATHORE (WHITE DRESS) AND HIS FAMILY MEMBERS STANDING IN FRONT OF TEMPLE WHICH HE BUILD IN MEMORY OF HER WIFE GEETA, WHO DIED OF COVID-19 IDOL OF GEETA CHILDREN PRAYING INFRONT OF GEETA'S IDOL RATHORE AND HIS FAMILY MEMBERS STANDING IN FRONT OF TEMPLE VARIOUS OF GEETA'S IDOL (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) GEETA'S HUSBAND, NARAYAN SINGH RATHORE, SAYING: "My wife (Geeta) died due to COVID-19â€¦so, we built a temple in her memory. My children, daughter-in-law and grandchildren take care of the temple and pay their regards." IDOL OF GEETA
- Embargoed: 11th October 2021 10:46
- Keywords: Geeta India Madhya Pradesh Narayan Singh Rathore Shajapur cases coronavirus health temple
- Location: SHAJAPUR, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA
- City: SHAJAPUR, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWHVGWF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART AUDIO QUALITY AS INCOMING
A man in India's central Shajapur district built a temple in memory of his wife who died due to COVID-19, to immortalise his love for her.
Narayan Singh Rathore's wife, Geeta died of COVID-19 in the second wave of the pandemic in the district's Sanpkheda village. He then decided to build a monument of her remembrance, in the adjoining complex of his house.
The memorial temple makes him and his family feel Geeta's presence, and her blessings showering over his family all the time said Rathore.
Hundreds of thousands of people died during the deadly second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic across India that had overwhelmed hospitals and crematoriums.
As of Monday, India's total COVID-19 cases had reached 33.68 million, with the death toll at 447,194, according to health ministry data.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None