- Title: German Greens co-leader says talks with FDP on coalition were good
- Date: 29th September 2021
- Summary: BERLIN, GERMANY (SEPTEMBER 29, 2021) (CORONA-POOL) GREEN CANDIDATE FOR CHANCELLOR AND CO-HEAD OF PARTY, ANNALENA BAERBOCK, ARRIVING FOR STATEMENT (SOUNDBITE) (German) GREEN CANDIDATE FOR CHANCELLOR AND CO-HEAD OF PARTY, ANNALENA BAERBOCK, SAYING: "We had a good discussion yesterday. And if I say even more, then it is not confidential anymore. And these talks were confidential - as other talks will be as well." WHITE FLASH (SOUNDBITE) (German) GREEN CANDIDATE FOR CHANCELLOR AND CO-HEAD OF PARTY, ANNALENA BAERBOCK, SAYING: "Well, 2017 must not be repeated. That is why we are aiming for swift and confidential talks. And in light of last night's talks - we would like to urge everyone - and also us - to keep the talks confidential. Because we want a great renewal for this country, and that means addressing projects that weren't approached before. And that needs confidentiality. And it also means that the sounding out talks (before the actual coalition talks start) must not take weeks or months but they must happen swiftly." WHITE FLASH BAERBOCK LEAVING
- Embargoed: 13th October 2021 14:59
- Keywords: CDU) FDP Jamaica coalition (Greens SPD) coalition election traffic light colation (Greens
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Europe,Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWRTQVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS WHITES FLASHES
The co-leader of Germany's Greens said on Wednesday that preliminary talks with the pro-business Free Democrats (FDP) had been good and that the Social Democrats (SPD) were her ecologist party's preferred partner in any three-way coalition.
"We had a good discussion yesterday," Annalena Baerbock told reporters after the talks with the FDP. But 2017 with its lengthy coalition talks must not be repeated, she said.
"Because we want a great renewal for this country, and that means addressing projects that weren't approached before. And that needs confidentiality," she added.
(Production: Ute Swart)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None