- Title: U.S. Open champion Radacanu shines on Bond red carpet
- Date: 29th September 2021
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (SEPTEMBER 28, 2021) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EMMA RADUCANU ON THE RED CARPET AT THE PREMIERE OF THE JAMES BOND FILM 'NO TIME TO DIE' RADUCANU POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
- Embargoed: 13th October 2021 09:48
- Keywords: Emma Raducanu James Bond Royal Albert Hall US Open red carpet tennis
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: UK
- Topics: Europe,Sport,Tennis
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWRWF9B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Emma Raducanu's stunning rise from obscurity continued on Tuesday (September 28) when she attended the world premiere of the new James Bond film in London.
Wearing a white and silver asymmetrical gown, the 18-year-old Briton joined film stars and celebrities at the screening of 'No Time To Die' at the Royal Albert Hall.
Raducanu stunned the tennis world at the U.S. Open earlier this month when she became the first qualifier to win a Grand Slam when she beat fellow teenager Leylah Fernandez of Canada in straight sets.
Raducanu won the title without dropping a set, climbing more than 100 places to 22nd in the world rankings since her maiden Grand Slam victory. She is now the British number one.
The teenager said last week she was seeking a new coach after announcing she would no longer be working with former Davis Cup player Andrew Richardson as she targets more success on the WTA Tour.
(Production: Andy Ragg)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None