- Title: 'At least an hour wait' -London drivers still face fuel queues
- Date: 29th September 2021
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (SEPTEMBER 29, 2021) (REUTERS) SIGN OUTSIDE FILLING STATION SHOWING PRICES EXTERIOR OF FILLING STATION, SIGNS READING (English): "SORRY NO UNLEADED'" AND "SORRY ONLY SUPREME UNLEADED" MAN FILLING VEHICLE VARIOUS OF VEHICLES IN QUEUE TRUCK / VEHICLES IN QUEUE PUMP WITH TROLLEY IN FRONT OF IT STEERING WHEEL (SOUNDBITE) (English) DRIVER, UNIDENTIFIED, SAYING: "It's not that difficult, there are lots of petrol stations opened. They are open but the queues are an hour at least, you have to wait at least an hour. If you're lucky you can get to the petrol stations where there are two queues, one of the queues it's shorter but that's really rare. It's really bad." VARIOUS OF VEHICLES QUEUING AT FILLING STATION
- Embargoed: 13th October 2021 12:24
- Keywords: Britain fuel stations long lines truckers
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: UK
- Topics: European Union,Europe,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWRWV2F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Britain has been gripped by a rush of panic-buying for almost a week that has left pumps dry across major cities after oil companies warned they did not have enough tanker drivers to move petrol and diesel from refineries to filling stations.
Drivers queued again for fuel at a filling station in London on Wednesday (September 29) despite Prime Minister Boris Johnson saying the situation was improving.
Business minister Kwasi Kwarteng said 150 soldiers had been mobilised to replenish empty pumps and would be driving tankers within a few days.
Johnson has sought to quell concerns, saying supplies were returning to normal while also urging people not to panic buy.
A shortage of around 100,000 drivers has sown chaos through supply chains and raised the spectre of empty shelves and price increases at Christmas.
(Production: Yann Tessier, Natasa Bansagi)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None