- Title: Stars dazzle on red carpet for 'No Time To Die' world premiere
- Date: 28th September 2021
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (SEPTEMBER 28, 2021) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ACTOR DANIEL CRAIG WALKING DOWN STEPS ONTO THE RED CARPET IN A PINK VELVET DINNER JACKET, WAVING AND PREPARING TO POSE FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS VARIOUS OF CRAIG POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS VARIOUS OF ACTOR LASHANA LYNCH POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WEARING YELLOW DRESS WITH BLACK TULLE ACTRESS LEA SEYDOUX POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WEARING FLOOR-LENGTH SILVER AND WHITE DRESS WITH SPARKLING EMBELLISHMENTS ACTOR CARY JOJI FUKUNAGA POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WEARING A BLACK VELVET DINNER JACKET LYNCH, CRAIG, AND SEYDOUX POSING TOGETHER CAMERA OPERATOR CRAIG AND SEYDOUX POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS / LYNCH, CRAIG, SEYDOUX, AND FUKUNAGA POSING TOGETHER ACTOR RAMI MALEK POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WEARING A BLACK SUIT AND BOWTIE ACTOR BEN WHISHAW POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WEARING A BLACK DINNER JACKET WITH JEWEL EMBELLISHMENTS VARIOUS OF ACTOR ANA DE ARMAS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WEARING BLACK DRESS WITH LEG SLIT AND BEJEWELLED STRAPS ACTOR NAOMIE HARRIS POSING ON THE RED CARPET WEARING A LONG SILVER DRESS ACTOR JEFFREY WRIGHT POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WEARING A DARK GREEN VELVET DINNER JACKET VARIOUS OF SCREENWRITER PHOEBE WALLER-BRIDGE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WEARING SPARKLING BLACK JUMPSUIT AND LONG WHITE JACKET VARIOUS OF "NO TIME TO DIE" CAST AND CREW MEMBERS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS TOGETHER VARIOUS OF MUSICIANS FINNEAS O'CONNELL, WEARING VELVET JACKET, AND BILLIE EILISH, WEARING STRIPED SUIT, POSING ON RED CARPET VARIOUS OF COMPOSER HANS ZIMMER POSING AND GESTURING TO PHOTOGRAPHERS, WEARING BLACK TUXEDO PRODUCERS BARBARA BROCCOLI (CENTRE), WEARING BLACK DRESS, AND MICHAEL G WILSON, WEARING BLACK TUXEDO, POSING WITH BROCCOLI'S DAUGHTER, DIRECTOR ANGELICA ZOLLO VARIOUS OF TENNIS PLAYER EMMA RADUCANU POSING ON THE RED CARPET, WEARING A WHITE ASYMMETRICAL GOWN WITH ROPE BELT VARIOUS OF SOCCER PLAYER HARRY KANE, WEARING BLACK TUXEDO, POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WITH WIFE, KATE, WEARING BLACK DRESS MUSIC ARTIST STORMZY, WEARING BLACK VELVET JACKET, HUGGING TELEVISION PERSONALITY JOSH DENZEL AND WALKING UP STEPS OF THE RED CARPET MAYOR OF LONDON, SADIQ KHAN, WEARING BLACK TUXEDO, POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS WITH WIFE SAADIYA, WEARING VELVET BLAZER VARIOUS OF ACTOR JUDI DENCH POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS ON RED CARPET, WEARING BLACK DRESS ACTOR AND FORMER "BOND GIRL" BRITT EKLAND POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS, IN A BLACK DRESS WITH LACE SLEEVES AND PEPLUM ACTOR JASON MOMOA POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS, WEARING A BLACK TUXEDO
- Embargoed: 12th October 2021 22:30
- Keywords: Daniel Craig James Bond Lashana Lynch Lea Seydoux No Time To Die celebrities film red carpet
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWMXI6L
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: With a guest list made up of Oscar winners and British royalty, the James Bond film "No Time To Die" finally held its delayed world premiere in London on Tuesday (September 28) in the city's most high-profile red carpet since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Wet weather failed to dampen spirits as Daniel Craig, dressed in an eye-catching pink velvet dinner jacket, and co-stars including Lashana Lynch and Lea Seydoux reunited for the hotly anticipated movie, which cinema operators hope will bring audience numbers back to pre-pandemic levels.
Lynch wore a vibrant yellow dress while Seydoux and co-star Naomie Harries brought some sparkle to the premiere in glittering gowns.
The film's stars and makers were not the only people to walk the red carpet, with guests including soccer player Harry Kane and British tennis star Emma Radacanu, with the latter wearing a white and silver asymmetrical gown.
Former Bond stars Judi Dench and Britt Ekland both opted for black dresses at the event.
Following Craig's example, velvet jackets were abound on the red carpet, with director Cary Joji Fukunaga, actor Jeffrey Wright, rapper Stormzy and musician Finneas O'Connell all choosing the style.
"No Time To Die," the 25th Bond movie, has been delayed three times since its original April 2020 slot as movie theatres around the world were forced to shut their doors as well as impose audience number restrictions due to the pandemic.
The Universal Pictures and MGM film marks Craig's fifth and final outing as the suave British secret agent is known for his love of fast cars and cool gadgets, wrapping up a 15-year tenure that began with 2006's "Casino Royale."
Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga and costing an estimated $200 million to produce, "No Time To Die" sees Bond come out of retirement from an idyllic life in Jamaica to help track down a new villain, played by Oscar-winner Rami Malek, armed with lethal technology.
It introduces a new character Nomi, a 00 agent, played by Lynch.
Beginning its cinema rollout this week, it is among the most anticipated movies this autumn.
Among the premiere's guest list were Britain's Prince Charles and his son Prince William and their wives.
As a thanks for their frontline work during the pandemic, health workers and members of the armed forces were also invited.
(Production: Will Russell, Mindy Burrows)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None