- Title: Britney Spears supporters cheer outside court as father suspended as conservator
- Date: 30th September 2021
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 29, 2021) (REUTERS) CROWD OF SUPPORTERS OUTSIDE COURTHOUSE CHEERING AND HUGGING AFTER HEARING NEWS ABOUT BRITNEY SPEARS' CONSERVATORSHIP
- Embargoed: 14th October 2021 00:00
- Keywords: Britney Spears Jamie Spears conservatorship court
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: US
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWRXGEL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A Los Angeles judge on Wednesday (September 29) suspended the father of Britney Spears from his 13-year role as the controller of the singer's business affairs.
#FreeBritney fans gathered outside the court in Los Angeles erupted in cheers as the judge's ruling was conveyed.
"The current situation is not tenable. It reflects a toxic environment which requires the suspension of Jamie Spears effective today," Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brenda Penny said during a court hearing.
Spears will be replaced with an accountant on a temporary basis, Penny said.
The hearing was continuing on Wednesday and Penny had not made any decision on whether to terminate entirely the conservatorship that also controls the singer's personal life.
(Production: Alan Devall, Jane Ross)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None