- Title: France to decide on retaliation against UK over fishing rights within 15 days
- Date: 29th September 2021
- Summary: BOULOGNE-SUR-MER, FRANCE (APRIL 22, 2021) (REUTERS) (NIGHT SHOTS) FIRE BURNING PROTESTERS ADDING TYRE TO FIRE CLOUD OF FIRE AND SPARKS PROTESTERS STANDING NEAR BURNING FIRE SIGN READING (English): "You Want to Keep your Waters??? OK...So, Keep Your Fish!!!"
- Embargoed: 13th October 2021 16:30
- Keywords: Brexit France UK fishing
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS, FRANCE
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Europe,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA004EWRXCG7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: France will decide within 15 days on possible retaliation against Britain at the French and European Union level over the fishing rights dispute, French maritime minister Annick Girardin said on Wednesday (September 29).
Girardin also told reporters sanctions could involve energy supplies as well as British students in France.
France accused on Wednesday Britain of playing politics with post-Brexit fishing rights after London and the Channel Island of Jersey refused dozens of French fishing boats licences to operate in their territorial waters.
(Production: Yiming Woo, Clotaire Achi)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None