- Title: Hindus across India protest to condemn assassinations in Kashmir
- Date: 9th October 2021
- Summary: NEW DELHI, INDIA (OCTOBER 09, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS, INCLUDING MEMBERS OF BAJRANG DAL (YOUTH WING OF VISHVA HINDU PARISHAD) HOLDING BANNERS AND PLACARDS RAISING SLOGANS BANNER PROTESTER HOLDING PLACARD READING (Hindi): "INDIA WILL NOT TOLERATE THE SACRIFICE (KILLING) OF HINDUS AND SIKHS" PROTESTER HOLDING PLACARD READING (Hindi): "DEATH TO PAKISTAN" PROTESTERS INCLUDING, KASHMIRI PANDITS (DISPLACED HINDU COMMUNITY OF KASHMIR) HOLDING BANNERS RAISING SLOGANS PLACARD READING (English): "32 YEARS NO JUSTICE BUT GENOCIDE CONTINUES, STOP HINDU GENOCIDE" (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) PROTESTER, VITAL CHAUDHARY, SAYING: "This demonstration is to pay tribute to about 2000 Hindus who have been killed in Kashmir. Massacre of Kashmir Pandits has not stopped in Kashmir since 1990â€¦even after 95 percent of the Kashmiri Pandits migrated to Delhi, Jammu and other places, the massacres have often taken place." JAMMU, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA (OCTOBER 09, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS INCLUDING KASHMIRI PANDITS HOLDING CANDLE MARCH BANNER READING (English): "PANUN KASHMIR FRONTAL ORGANISATION OF KASHMIRI PANDITS" VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS HOLDING CANDLES STANDING
- Embargoed: 23rd October 2021 16:14
- Keywords: India Jammu and Kashmir Kashmiri Pandit killings militancy militants military
- Location: AHMEDABAD, GUJARAT/ NEW DELHI/JAMMU, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- City: AHMEDABAD, GUJARAT/ NEW DELHI/JAMMU, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest
- Reuters ID: LVA002EYFRRRJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Protests were held in several Indian cities on Saturday (October 09) to condemn the recent assassinations of religious minorities in federal Jammu and Kashmir territory.
At least five, including two schoolteachers, were killed in Srinagar, the capital city, earlier this week.
Protesters including, members of the displaced Hindu Kashmiri Pandit community, took to the streets, holding banners and placards, and raised slogans to condemn the killings in the Valley.
At least 28 civilians have been killed by suspected militants this year in the Muslim-majority region, which has been wracked by an armed insurrection against New Delhi since the 1990s.
In Ahmedabad and New Delhi, members of the Hindu right-wing organisations affiliated with India's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party burned Pakistan flags and effigies and raised slogans to end militancy in Kashmir.
Kashmir is claimed in full by both India and Pakistan but ruled in parts by the nuclear-armed neighbours.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None