- Title: Newly-elected lawmakers of Tibetan parliament-in-exile take oath in India
- Date: 9th October 2021
- Summary: DHARAMSALA, HIMACHAL PRADESH, INDIA (OCTOBER 08, 2021) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF MEMBERS OF TIBETAN PARLIAMENT-IN-EXILE UNDERGOING THERMAL SCANNING, SANITISING HANDS AND ENTERING SIGNBOARD READING (English): "TIBETAN PARLIAMENT-IN-EXILE" VARIOUS OF EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKERS SEATED EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKERS STANDING DURING OATH CEREMONY EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKERS TALKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) DEPUTY SPEAKER, TIBETAN PARLIAMENT-IN-EXILE, DOLMA TSERING, SAYING: "Okay today is the oath taking so, each one of us we took our oath as per the Charter so, it is a very good moment. All participated and also significantly even Australia, Member of Parliament, he could also join despite having restrictions of their country." VARIOUS OF OATH CEREMONY UNDERWAY EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKERS TALKING EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKER WRITING VARIOUS OF EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKER SEATED (SOUNDBITE) (English) SPEAKER, TIBETAN PARLIAMENT IN-EXILE, KHENPO SONAM TENPHEL, SAYING: "The issues that have been lying around for the last four months have been resolved and now we will take up our responsibilities. The executive will be rendering all our support to parliament in their fulfilling their duties and we will be answerable, we will be responsible to them and also accountable to them." EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKERS LEAVING AFTER SWERAING-IN CEREMONY EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKERS STANDING VARIOUS OF EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKERS LEAVING EXILED TIBETAN LAWMAKERS STANDING AND TALKING AS SOME WALK
- Embargoed: 23rd October 2021 12:02
- Keywords: Dharamsala Himachal Pradesh India exiled Tibetans lawmakers oath ceremony parliament
- Location: DHARAMSALA, HIMACHAL PRADESH, INDIA
- City: DHARAMSALA, HIMACHAL PRADESH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Asia / Pacific,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EYFRQ6N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Elected members of the Tibetan parliament-in-exile took the oath of office in India's northern hill town of Dharamsala on Friday (October 08).
The newly elected Speaker, Khenpo Sonam Tenphel and Deputy Speaker, Dolma Tsering were sworn in to the 17th Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile.
The oath was administered to the lawmakers by the Chief Justice Commissioner of the Tibetan Supreme Justice Commission, Sonam Norbu Dagpo.
"The issues that have been lying around for the last four months have been resolved and now we will take up our responsibilities. The executive will be rendering all our support to parliament in their fulfilling their duties and we will be answerable, we will be responsible to them and also accountable to them," said Tenphel.
India is home to almost 100,000 Tibetans. Exiled Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, has lived in the country since fleeing a failed uprising against Chinese rule of his homeland in 1959.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None