- Title: Egyptian team arrive in Libya for World Cup qualifier
- Date: 9th October 2021
- Summary: BENGHAZI, LIBYA (OCTOBER 9, 2021) (REUTERS) EGYPT COACH, CARLOS QUEIROZ, WALKING PAST AND WAVING EGYPTIAN PLAYERS WALKING PAST MOHAMED SALAH (HOODIE) WALKING PAST PLAYERS ENTERING AIRPORT LOBBY PLAYERS SEATED INSIDE BENINA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT PLAYERS STANDING UP PLAYERS LEAVING LOBBY AREA PLAYERS LEAVING TO BE TRANSPORTED TO THEIR HOTEL
- Embargoed: 23rd October 2021 20:51
- Keywords: Benghazi Carlos Queiroz FIFA World Cup Libya Libya v Egypt Mohamed Salah Qatar 2022 WCQ World Cup World Cup qualifiers soccer
- Location: BENGHAZI, LIBYA
- City: BENGHAZI, LIBYA
- Country: Libya
- Topics: Africa,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001EYFT0SF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Egypt's football team arrived at Benina International Airport in Benghazi on Saturday (October 9) ahead of their crucial World Cup qualifier against Libya on Monday (October 11).
Newly appointed Egypt coach Carlos Queiroz and the team's star Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah were seen arriving at the airport wearing face masks.
On Friday (October 8) Egypt moved to the top of Group F thanks to their 1-0 win over Libya in Alexandria. The Egyptians climbed to seven points, one ahead of their opponents after three of six matchdays.
African World Cup qualifying sees the winners from ten second round groups advancing to a two-legged knockout playoff where the five victors will progress to Qatar 2022.
(Production: Esam Omran Al-Fetori / Muath Freij)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None